My dress is finished!It is not perfect, but I am thrilled with the result! The pattern review will come shortly... Thanks to all the help I got from my sewing friends on the Facebook Sewing Group!
|Simplicity 1882 - Muslin Finished!|
|Back of S1882 - Muslin Finished!|
I worked on this muslin part.5 from June 26 to July 20th 2013 :
- Fixing most of the fit issues by tapering up to 3/4 inch at the middle of the midriff piece on the side seams : DONE!
- Finish seams around zipper : DONE!
- Resew the visible invisible zipper to hide it better (need to press it more, use regular zipper foot instead of cheap plastic one) : DONE!
- Steps 27 to 30 - Collar : DONE!
- Steps 31 to 34 - Neck Facing : DONE!
- Steps 41 to 44 - Sleeves B : DONE!
- Steps 48 - Hem : DONE!
Next to do :
- Write Simplicity 1882 pattern review : TO DO
- Alter pattern pieces for next version : TO DO
- Then, sew another one in my blue floral cotton stretch sateen! (summer dress style : no sleeve, no collar, no pocket flaps) Hopefully, the next one will be faster to sew!
|Fabric for my next S1882!|