General ReflectionsHappy New Year! I usually follow the Top 5 from Gillian @ Crafting a Rainbow to make my year end review... But this year I found that the format didn't suit me. So here is my short review of 2016 :
|Young Girl to Frozen Princess Bedroom|
|Fireman's to Slide & Cave Bed|
|Living Room to Put-the-bed-here to OUR Bedroom|
Sewing HighlightsI organized a Bra Sewing Afternoon at my place and had a blast! Thanks Sewing Ladies Friends. I started sewing a bra, a swimming cap and one piece swimsuit... I followed several Beverly Jonhston's classes on Craftsy about sewing Bras and swimwear too...
I did finished my mother's kaftan about 5 minutes before she showed up at my place on Christmas Eve!! (I am such a procrastinator) Worst thing in taking 2 years to sew that wonderful chiffon dévoré fabric is that it was a breeze to sew - TAKE THAT, FEAR OF CHIFFON!! And she liked it so much that she wore it at Christmas to my aunt's party! :D
But I didn't sew new garments ; I did the usual numerous alterations, hemming, "summerizing" my kids clothes, sewing ribbons on mittens and patched about 1 000 000 000 pair of pants' knees!!
My Sewing Projects in 2016
My Sewing Resolutions
I would like to sew in 2017 :
- a bra
- a one piece swimsuit for laps swimming
- about 7 new everyday panties
- a set of neck warmer, mitts and hat
- a new wallet
- a clutch purse
- Use my cotton sateen tropical fabric
- Use my raspberry bamboo knit
- Use my tropical rayon challis
- Start a coordinating nightwear capsule wardrobe : 1 nightgown, 1 camisole, 1 long sleeve top, all with bust support to mix & match with my cotton/lycra leggings and rayon challis shorts.
- Maybe warm slippers or polar socks.