I will finished this muslin in June. My body is a little more tone and less heavy since I started sewing the dress a year ago...
My measurements (start / now) :
- High Bust : 38,5 / 38 in
- Bust : 41 / 40 in
- Waist : 34,5 / 33,5 in
- Hip : 40 / 40 in
- 5ft 2in and 160 lbs / 157 lbs
Pattern sizes used :
- Making Simplicity 1882, view B, size 18, D cup.
- No lining.
- Used a plum colored popeline and black popeline accent @2$/m from Fabricville.
Pattern alterations :
- Shorten by 6 in at the hem.
- Skirt : I tapered from size 18 at waist to a size 16 from top of pocket flaps to the hem. In other words : I used the front and back skirt pattern pieces from the top to the notch in size 18, then from the notch to the hem in a size 16.
- Bodice : Take in 1 1/8 inch at the top of the side seam under the arm to nothing at the midriff seam.
Here is my progress as of June 26th 2013 :
- Attach skirt to midriff : DONE!
- Alter bodice : DONE!
- Sew bodice : DONE!
- Attach bodice to midriff : DONE!
- Finish midriff seams : DONE!
- Steps 24 to 26 - Zip : DONE!
- Steps 27 to 30 - Collar : TO DO
- Choose and sew sleeves A, B or facing C : TO DO
- Steps 48 - Hem : TO DO
- Alter pattern pieces for next version : TO DO
I think there is issues, but the fit is already better than RTW on me, mostly due to the D cup! I will sleep on it and reassess the fit tomorrow... Here are the problems noted :
- Diagonal lines on top of my breast
- Horizontal line around the top pipping of the midriff... Why?
- Apex could be a little lower, either the shoulder seam should be let out about 1/4 in OR the apex moved OR princess seams reshaped (how?) ?
- I sometimes wonder if the bottom of the midrif was designed to sit at the waist or not? I think not since there is shaping in the midriff to get the waist indentation there, no?
- My invisible zipper in visible... I hand basted the second side, but not the first. Maybe I should use the steam a seam thingny to baste both side before sewing?
- The side seam is a little bit too forward.
- It feels like I should pinch the midriff piece about 1/2 in on each side (2 inches total) - would that fix some issues?
|S1882 - Front view|
|Not so invisible zipper|
|Side view - side seam too forward, why?|
|Maybe I need to take it in more?|