I'm not sure about following along the chalenge at Colette's pattern since I do not have much time to sew... But I have a birthday resolution ; to take more care into my appearance and affirm my tastes by going a little retro with luxurious fabrics in colors that I love. I plan to sew some pieces to achieve that and having a little ME time in my frantic life of full time stay at home mom, part-time graduate student, part-time engineer working from home...
Almost all of my fabrics purchases this year are within a color palette that I love : fuchsia/raspberry, pink, grey, black and white.
|Fall Palette 2011|
(INSERT PHOTO OF FABRICS)
- Raspberry mystery 6y
- polka dots blue 3y (not in palette, but same drape as the next two. Cheap, so wearable muslin for me!)
- pink mystery 4y
- raspberry/pink/grey/black/white poly charmeuse 3y
- Jacob black ?y
- grey/silver linen look mystery ?y
- wool blend b&w herringbone ?y
- wool blend pink/raspberry twill ?y
- Grey stretch tiny corduroy ?y
- Lining : fuchsia with black leaves 4y
- Lining : Bemberg grey twill 3y
- Lining : Bemberg pink twill 2y
Projects and patterns
(INSERT PHOTO COLLAGE)
2 or 3 Serendipity Studio Monique Dresses : raspberry with a-line skirt and pockets, a polka dot blue (?), grey/silver with pencil skrit probably with a lined bodice (instead of facing?)
|Serendipity Studio's Monique Dress|
3 Burdastyle Jenny skirt with many variations : Jacob black, grey/silver, twill pink/raspberry all lined...
|Jenny with variations|
1 Burdastyle stretch pencil skirt in grey corduroy.
|02/2011 Stretch Pencil Skirt #103A|
2 or 3 Silky tops (New Look 8606, love view C) : pink poly, raspberry/grey/white/black poly charmeuse, grey silk charmeuse
|New Look 6808|
2 Colette's cinnamon slip : grey silk charmeuse(?), rust pink silk washed charmeuse
Maybe a cropped jacket in herringbone black & white if I have enough fabric...