Sunday, May 26, 2013

Yoke Kristen Kimono Tee


My 3rd time with the Kristen Kimono Tee pattern : I used the burnout fabric for the yoke, a colorful leopard print 100% cotton for the body and some fold over elastics.

I was lazy when I modified the pattern, not translating any difference from the original pattern for the Front and Back. I base it all on the back piece because I wanted the neck to be high, so not to interfere with the yoke... Hence, I used only 2 pattern pieces : one for the yoke and one for the body. It worked out OK I think, a little snugger, but it might just be my fabric too?

I tired fold over elastic (FOE) with a picot edge for the neck and sleeves hems because I was not happy with the unfinished edge of my last burnout version... I just turned once and stitch for the bottom hem, fusing Heat N Bond Lite 10mm between the folds.

No comments:

Post a Comment