|Free pattern - Kristen Kimono Tee|
|The simple kimono sleeves|
Year: c. 2012
Fabric: used about 0.75m of lightweight Poly45/Rayon50/Spandex5 blend @ 10$/m : it has white thin stripes all over "on top" of a multicolored splashes pattern.
- Ball point needle #70/09,
- Stay tape for shoulders seams,
- Fusible webbing for hemming.
- Seams & top-stitching: Stem Stitch #7, Satin Foot B
- Finishing: Overcast #15, Overcast Foot G
Time to complete: 4h, from printing to wearing!
First worn: Right when I finished it, May 2013.
Wear again? YES! I already did!
Total Cost: about 8$CAD.
The Pattern ReviewPattern Description: Free simple kimono sleeves tee-shirt pattern, print at home.
Pattern Sizing: Few sizes XS, S, M L , XL. I am 5'2" 40-33-40 and cut a L.
|Straight face? I can't play poker!|
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. I used fusible webbing on the hems and stay tape on the shoulder seams (like the Blank Canvas Tee recommended).
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I had both patterns (Kristen Kimono Tee and Blank Canvas Tee) printed and choose the Kimono Tee because it has fewer pages... It was easy and fast to sew. I think the stay tape in the shoulder could be added to the instructions, but I'm new to sewing knits, so maybe it would have been OK without!?
Fabric Used: used about 0.75m of lightweight Poly55/Rayon40/Spandex5 blend. I choose it for the royal blue since it fits my kinda skinny jeans.
|I chose the fabric to go with my jeans...|
Would you sew it again? YES!! This was a test garment : I'm now hooked on sewing fast Cake projects! I'm thinking a burnout one like Scruffy Badger, one with a yoke and one with a keyhole neckline...
Related links :
- Maria Denmark - Kimono Tee : blog and download
- Maria Denmark - Kimono Tee Update : blog update
- Craftsy - Kimono Tee Download : all Maria patterns
- Adding a yoke, by Confession of a sewing novice.
- My inspiration : Scruffy Badger pretty burnout version!
- My Pattern Review : on patternreview.com
- Version 2 - White burnout knit!