Testing and Playing with StitchesTips from Emma One Sock on Double Knit Rayon Blend fabric :
- Use jersey or stretch needles size 75.
- For hem, double needles stretch 4.0/75 or 2.4/75.
- Threads : cotton covered poly or 100% poly.
- Gentle touch with iron, medium heat, use press cloth to avoid shine.
- Read all materials/comments related to Day 3 to 7 and note every piece of info I needed! My goal is to stop navigating the web and looking for info while working on my tasks for the day (andget lost in unrelated links!!)... I hope to speedup the process this weekend! (2h)
- Test fabric under iron settings (15 min) Cut a press cloth from 100% cotton in statsh...
- Test stitches, seam finishes, basting and top-stitching (1h) Note : Try overlock stitch/foot, triple zigzag stitch, walking foot, lowering pressure on foot, sewing with paper under the fabric...
- Try a mockup binding and top-stitching (30 min)
- Try a mockup shoulder seam, with stay tape and topstitching (30 min)
Chosen Stitch Settings :
- Basting : #1 Strait stich with length 5.0, Satin foot B
- Construction : #7 Stem stitch, Satin foot B
- Topsticthing : #6 Strait Stretch stich, Blind Hem foot D at 1/8 in.
- Finishing : #16 Overcast Stretch, Overcasting foot C, cut SA at 1/4 in.
- Hemming : TBD