Thursday, April 5, 2012

Back to sewing!

Bonjour,

Since my blog has been declared dead, the Easter long weekend might been just what it needed to resuscitated! (pun intended). I cleaned up my sewing room since its now also my office - the kids have officially taken over the living room and kicked me out! Here are the few projects I recently worked on:

Super Electric Banana & Super Papillon!

  • I have sewn 2 Super hero cape with the help of this Reversible Super Hero Cape tutorial. They love it! But next time I will make a smaller neck opening... DONE!
  • I've sewn my mega wide leg Gap trouser into strait legs one using the guidance of this tutorial to make skinny jeans. And I've hemmed them and another pair of Gap trousers I purchased. DONE!
  • I've put aside my Monique Dress for now as I was having trouble fitting the bodice and didn't intended to sew its skirt as is anyway: gathers don't help my waist! UFO
  • I manage to sew a belt for my daughter but was unhappy with the thickness of it: it's too hard for her to put in on since it's twisting... So I bought nylon straps to sew underneath my pretty ribbons... IN PROGRESS
  • I started to use my scraps to sew sun hats for the kids with the bucket hat pattern. IN PROGRESS
  • I started Simplicity 1882... I cannot find any review of it yet so mine might be the first, if I could keep on sewing! IN PROGRESS
So if my documentation of the projects I worked on is of some interest to you, there will be more soon on the Simplicity 1882 Dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment