Saturday, January 21, 2017

2016 - Year in Review

General Reflections 

Happy New Year! I usually follow the Top 5 from Gillian @ Crafting a Rainbow to make my year end review... But this year I found that the format didn't suit me. So here is my short review of 2016 :

Young Girl to Frozen Princess Bedroom
I didn't blog much this year. I concentrated my energy mostly on helping my daughter to learn to read while she was in grade 2 (2015-2016). I started working as a consultant again in November 2016. I finally manage to create a lasting habit of going swimming in the morning 3 times a week and loving it! At last, we redecorated all 3 of our bedrooms at home.

Fireman's to Slide & Cave Bed
I also figured out after my master degree was finished that I needed more than being a stay at home mother to feel fulfilled and I was happier after starting to work again, even if it is part-time and from home. Working again, I had less time for myself but I found it easier to focus on the important stuff. Having too much time on my hands, my sewing mojo vanished and I felt torn about how I should vs would like to fill my free time ; always feeling guilty no matter what I did.


Living Room to Put-the-bed-here to OUR Bedroom

Sewing Highlights

I organized a Bra Sewing Afternoon at my place and had a blast! Thanks Sewing Ladies Friends. I started sewing a bra, a swimming cap and one piece swimsuit... I followed several Beverly Jonhston's classes on Craftsy about sewing Bras and swimwear too...

I did finished my mother's kaftan about 5 minutes before she showed up at my place on Christmas Eve!! (I am such a procrastinator) Worst thing in taking 2 years to sew that wonderful chiffon dévoré fabric is that it was a breeze to sew - TAKE THAT, FEAR OF CHIFFON!! And she liked it so much that she wore it at Christmas to my aunt's party! :D

But I didn't sew new garments ; I did the usual numerous alterations, hemming, "summerizing" my kids clothes, sewing ribbons on mittens and patched about 1 000 000 000 pair of pants' knees!!


My Sewing Projects in 2016


My Sewing Resolutions

I would like to sew in 2017 : 
  • a bra
  • a one piece swimsuit for laps swimming
  • about 7 new everyday panties
  • a set of neck warmer, mitts and hat 
  • a new wallet 
  • a clutch purse
  • Use my cotton sateen tropical fabric
  • Use my raspberry bamboo knit
  • Use my tropical rayon challis
  • Start a coordinating nightwear capsule wardrobe : 1 nightgown, 1 camisole, 1 long sleeve top, all with bust support to mix & match with my cotton/lycra leggings and rayon challis shorts.
  • Maybe warm slippers or polar socks.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. It's all about balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Balance is still something I am trying to achieve...

      Delete
  2. Bonjour. You probably know about Crafty.com and the bra class there. I've made several taking classes from Needle Nook in Kansas, but I know Anne St. Clair travels so she may be able to tell you if she's coming to Montreal. Thank you for posting places to find fabric in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Denise, Thanks! Yes, I am enrolled and watched several classes for Bra on Craftsy... Now it is more a matter of not listening to my fear, reviving my sewing mojo and "just do it"! ;) I am glad my Montreal sewing directory was helpful to you!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete