Last modified on : Sept. 30th 2019.
Montreal's Crafty DirectoryHere is my printable list of more than 50 fabric stores in Montréal with their addresses, a brief descriptions and some maps. I will also add sewing schools and other craft stores for baking, knitting, arts, scrap booking, etc. Please, let me know if any are closed or missing.
|Download from Google Drive|
More about Montréal
- I wrote an article in Seamworks magazine about my hometown : The Seamwork's Guide to Montréal, Québec. No subscription is needed to read it. Enjoy!
- To know what to do, visit my Montreal's Activities page.
- To meet fellow sewing enthusiasts nearby as well as local pattern designers, refer to my Montreal's Sewing Community page.
|The Plaza St-Hubert (source) - St-Hubert Street (source) - Chabanel Fashion Center|
ReferencesI couldn't have made this directory without the helpful posts from fellow bloggers from all around the world and peolple like you that leave me comments about new stores! Thank you all!
- Heather Lou offers The Ultimate List of Online Fabrics Stores at Closet Case.
- Heather Lou talks about her favorites fabrics/notions stores in Montreal, at Closet Case Files. (2014)
- Le fil d'ariane - serie of articles in French about all sewing industry of Montreal : designer, school, sharpener, notions stores, fabric stores, etc.
- The big list of Canadian Online Fabric, Notions and Patterns companies, by Shannon, The Finished Garment
- Christina from Assorted Notions : She talk about her experience fabrics shopping as a tourist in Montreal in 2007.
- Sandra Phillips Smart Shopping Blog : She lists most fabric shop by address on St-Hubert and highlights the bests! (2010)
- Patterns review discussion board about fabric shopping in Montreal
- Anne-Marie @ I Mani Doro talks about fabric shopping in her town : Part 1 and Part 2.
- The selfish Seamstress talks about fabric shopping in Montreal in 2010 : Part 1 and Part 2.
- Melissa Fehr talks about Montreal.
- Montreal Meetup in 2013 by Shannon @ Finished Garment and by Heather Lou @ Closet Case File.
- PR weekend in 2010 in Mtl
- Travel log for yarn stores in Montreal by Minky Knits blogger.
- Mars 2013, Jennifer from Family Buzz talks about the store she went recently on Chabanel...
- Jennifer from Family Buzz talked about Canada Asia Threads.
- Jennifer from Family Buzz talked about American Efrid Canada.
- Comment by Heather Lou, from Closet Case Files...
- Sewing Classes in Montreal on Montreal Facile
- Handmade by Heather B : Sweatshirt fleece and ribbing online sources.
- Where Heater Grows on fabric shopping in Montreal.
- Reviews for Knitting stores by The Brain In Jane.
- Reviews for baking stores on Chow Hound.
- Montreal's Knitting Supplies Map.
- Article from La Presse 28 janv 2015 : Ou acheter de beaux tissus?